It’s widely known that chronic stress has a negative can have a effect on one’s life. Stress breaks the body down causing sickness and a negative shift in mood. But is there anything that can positively affect the body? Fortunately there are a few things like meditation, exercise and positive emotions. Happiness has a positive affect on the body.
What is happiness?
Happiness is having joy and contentment in your life. Happiness is knowing that there will be not so pleasant situations and days but not dwelling on them. One who is happy sees the good in many things instead of focusing on the bad. Happiness fully equips you to deal with the ups and downs of life while getting real enjoyment out of life.
There is a big difference between one being happy and simply not being depressed. Sort of like the difference between eating just to satisfy hunger and eating your favorite meal. Happiness makes life pleasurable.
Some positive affects of happiness:
- A better outlook on life. A positive mindset is required to manifest on a higher energetic level. You must be an energetic match for that which you desire.
- Emotional stability. This better equips you to deal with life’s ups and downs.
- Sense of well being. Being happy feels good.
- Higher vibrational energy. Negativity lowers our energy.
- Heart health and less chance of developing certain illnesses. (According to a 2007 study performed by Laura Kubzansky, HSPH associate professor of society, human development, and health some people are able to avoid or manage illnesses like heart attack and stroke).
Where can one gain happiness?
You cannot obtain real happiness from an outside source. If those things were to leave your life you would no longer be happy. Happiness has to be cultivated from the inside out. Outside sources such as people and things should only add to your happiness and not be the sole source.
Living in the now is a great way to cultivate internal happiness. Obsessively worrying about the future and living in the past is a cause of stress and negativity to many. Be present in each and every moment. Be happy!
Love and light,